Setting Up a Legislative Appointment on Your Own
1. Find out who represents you.
2. The names of your Legislators will appear. Now that you have the names of your Legislators, you can click on their picture or name which will take you to their profiles. The profile page includes each legislator's respective office phone number.
3. Call the office directly and ask to set up an appointment for DD Day on February 22, 2018, for a time after 11:15. If they ask what the subject is, reply "I am in Annapolis for DD Day and I would like to speak to my legislator about legislation and budgets that impact people with developmental disabilities and their families."
Note that a window of opportunity may be between 11:15 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (lunch time) or again later in the afternoon.
4. Be sure to confirm the date and time of your appointment, then you're all set for your meeting with your Legislator!
5. On DD Day you will have fact sheets (they will be posted on the bookshelf on this website about 1 week before DD Day ). These fact sheets can help you develop speaking points for your meetings.
6. At the meeting you may meet with your legislator or you may meet with someone on his/her staff. Do not be offended if you meet with a staff person. The legislator may have designated someone on his/her staff to specialize on a particular issue.