Your membership with NASW includes a powerful, progressive effort to elevate the social work profession and change laws that can impact the profession and clients of social work.
To bring our social work voice into the State House, we:
- Testify at the State House on a variety of legislation
- Work with partners of various coalitions (full list below) to make a concerted effort for change
- Identify and endorse political candidates who promote social work values and help get them elected
- Build relationships with policymakers and state agency staff to postively impact policy and practice
- Encourage and educate our members to meet with and lobby their legislators
There are many ways to get acquainted with our political work:
Don't want to miss an opportunity? Join our Legislative Alert Network to receive advocacy related e-updates.