New Hampshire House of Representatives
Public Guidance for Remote Committee Meetings
You no longer need to travel to Concord during school hours to have your voice heard! To sign in to speak on a bill or to register support or opposition, you can utilize the newly created sign-in form located on the general court website available here
- Please sign in well in advance of the hearing.
- This new online form will allow you to sign in on a bill as soon as it has been scheduled for a hearing.
- Click on the date that the bill you are interested in is being heard.
- Under the drop-down menus.
- Select the committee that is hearing the bill.
- Select the bill you are interested in.
- Select a category (elected official, lobbyist, agency staff, member of the public).
- If you are representing an entity or someone other than yourself, enter that information in the box.
- Indicate whether you support, oppose or are neutral on the bill by checking the appropriate circle.
- If you wish to speak, check that box. Please DO NOT check that box unless you plan to speak. You can register your position on a bill without speaking.
- Click continue.
- Enter your name and contact information.
- Click continue.
- Carefully review that the information you have entered is correct. If it is correct, check the box and click continue. This completes the sign in process.
The sign in list will be compiled for all bills being heard by the committee on a given day 30 minutes prior to the start of the first hearing. If you sign up after that time, the Chair will not have your name before them. Before the Chair closes each hearing, they will ask if there is anyone who hasn’t had the opportunity to speak but wishes to do so. At this time, you can raise your hand to speak, but it is important that you identify yourself for the record.