Missouri - HB177
Modifies provision for closed meetings of governmental bodies
December 1, 2020
- Requires a good cause reason to be noted in meeting for why a Board meeting is held virtually.
- If meeting is held in-person then there must be an in-person option for the public to attend.
- Provides additional time to respond to record requests if 72-hour notice is given that the governmental body is closed for an extended time outside normal hours of operation.
- Closes e-mail addresses and telephone numbers submitted to a governmental body for the sole purpose of receiving electronic communications like newsletters, notifications, advisories, alerts, and reports.
- Allows governmental entities to close evacuation and lockdown procedures and software and the identity of security companies that secure access to buildings.