Join us in asking that Congress take the following steps:
1) Make an immediate public statement about the crisis in Kashmir and urge the government of India to lift the curfew, remove the communications blackout, remove people from house arrest, and backtrack on the elimination of Article 370;
2) Urge various governmental entities - including the State Department - to pressure India to remove the communications blackout and to assist Kashmiri Americans in communicating with their loved ones abroad;
3) Sponsor a congressional resolution condemning India’s recent actions and the ethnic and religious bigotry promoted by Prime Minister Modi and his government;
4) Hold a hearing on the intelligence committee, if appropriate, or partner with colleagues on the Foreign Affairs Committee or Homeland Security Committee to hold a congressional hearing on the crisis in Kashmir and the threat of nuclear war; and
5) Push for the demilitarization of Kashmir and partner with the United Nations to actualize the Kashmiri right to self-determination.