Version 2.0 January 1, 2017
The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
2. General use and storage of your information
3. Extraordinary use of your information
A. Special relationship with Downsize DC Foundation
B. Rent or trade of donor information
C. Privacy opt-outs
4. Access to your personal information
5. User's Age and Email Requirements
This policy covers the use of personal information collected when you use DownsizeDC.org.
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including name, address, phone number, email address, and opinions) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services could include, but are not necessarily limited to, newsletters, survey questions, message boards, and system tools requiring registration.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Downsize DC and its service providers to supply the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we’ll treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information, Downsize DC will act in accordance with current law and aim to meet current Internet best practices.
2. General use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to Downsize DC, we have legal obligations to you in the way we use that data. We pledge to collect the information fairly; typically that means we’ll strive to explain how we’ll use it (see the notices on particular web pages that let you know why we’re requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information onto anyone else.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate, or objectionable content anywhere on or to DownsizeDC.org, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on or with DownsizeDC.org, then the parent organization, Downsize DC, can use whatever information that is available to it, about you, to stop such behavior. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/Internet provider, and even law enforcement agencies about your behavior.
In most cases, we’ll hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. In the case of registration for use of a Downsize DC tool or system, when you no longer wish to continue your registration and have informed us of your desire to be removed, we will segregate your file to a blacklist, effectively terminating the account. For safety and logistical reasons, however, the Downsize DC reserves the right to store messaging and other transcript data (including content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of its services.
3. Extraordinary use of your information
a. Downsize DC.org, Inc. has an “inside” relationship with Downsize DC Foundation, home of the Zero Aggression Project. The inside relationship is defined by the fact that both groups share similar management and facilities. While these groups are separate legal entities, they share various other capacities, including lists.
Therefore, DownsizeDC.org will never share, rent, sell, or loan any of your registration information to any individual, campaign, group, or corporation other than this inside group, the Downsize DC Foundation. And under no circumstances will DownsizeDC.org rent, sell, loan, or share your email address or your phone number, except with the DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
b. DownsizeDC.org DOES, very rarely, rent or trade DONOR information, but only the name and snail mail address of donors -- not subscriber information. But even when you make your online donation, you will be offered an option of privacy. We hope you will NOT choose this level of privacy, as Downsize DC is committed, as part of its mission, to help other worthy, like-minded organizations, expand their base and increase their effectiveness through renting our list. Further, Downsize DC profits financially from these exchanges, providing additional resources to further our mission.
c. On occasion, Downsize DC may also offer a donor premium where, for a minimal donation, you can have your name published publicly (i.e., on the website). When such a premium is offered, an opt-out will always be offered, so that you can also choose to protect your privacy as you make a generous contribution.
Likewise, Downsize DC may use group petitions. In that case, your name would be published on a public list, corresponding to the petition you signed. At present, there is no group petitioning function -- only letters to Congress. However, if at any point you wish to remove your name from a particular list of signers, a method for doing will be readily available.
4. Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Downsize DC holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge $20 for information requests, as it takes time to assemble this information.) Please address requests to Data Administrator, DownsizeDC.org, 872 Mark Dr. Akron, OH 44313.
More modest requests, such as simple corrections to your personal information, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. User's Age and Email Requirements
If you are under the age of 18, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to DownsizeDC.org. Users without this consent are absolutely not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Version 2.0 January 1, 2017
Access to and use of this site www.DownsizeDC.org (& secure.ZeroAggressionProject.org.org & the blog, hereafter simply DownsizeDC.org) is provided by DownsizeDC.org, Inc, and all Downsize DC sites, including this one, are subject to the following terms:
1. By using DownsizeDC.org you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of DownsizeDC.org. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms, then please, do not access and/or use DownsizeDC.org.
2. DownsizeDC.org may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Downsize DC. Your continued use of DownsizeDC.org after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of DownsizeDC.org
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use DownsizeDC.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any DownsizeDC.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of DownsizeDC.org content requires the prior written permission of Downsize DC.
4. You agree to use DownsizeDC.org only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of DownsizeDC.org. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content, or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within DownsizeDC.org.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Downsize DC, its products and services (or to third-party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will DownsizeDC.org, Inc. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of DownsizeDC.org regardless of the form of action.
7. Although every effort is made to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to users, Downsize DC does not warrant that functions contained in DownsizeDC.org content will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that either the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images, and logos identifying the Zero Aggression Project, Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights, trademarks, and servicemarks of the Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, Inc., and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right, or copyright of the Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, Inc., or any other third party.
9. ZAP The State and have a nice daySM Downsize DCSM and DC DownsizerSM are each “Service Marks” of the Downsize DC Foundation, used by permission.
Submissions to DownsizeDC.org
11. In addition to paragraph 10, by submitting your contribution to DownsizeDC.org, you:
* 11.1 warrant that your contribution:
* 11.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Downsize DC Foundation for all the purposes specified above;
* 11.1.2 is not defamatory;
* 11.1.3 does not infringe any copyright or trademark right, or violate any law.
* 11.2 you further warrant that you will indemnify DownsizeDC.org, Inc. against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
* 11.3 you waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on DownsizeDC.org and the purposes specified above.
DownsizeDC.org Blog and Posting Rules
12. You agree to use any DownsizeDC.org blogs, bulletin boards, or chat rooms in accordance with the following Rules. These apply across all Downsize DC sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you are using, as there may be some local variations to these Rules.
About Your Posts
* Contributions must be civil and tasteful
* No impersonation — and we mean absolutely none!
* No disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
* No unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
* If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users, you may have action taken against your accounts.
* Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant blog, bulletin board, or chat room.
* No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
* No advertising. And once again, we mean NONE.
* No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names, nor links to inappropriate URL's (websites).
* Misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in so doing action may be taken against your account.
At Downsize DC blogs, bulletin boards, and chat room areas we advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address, or even email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind.
Certain Legal Restrictions / Notes
* You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to the DownsizeDC.org blog. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
* Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
* You agree to submit only materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, and privacy, personal or proprietary rights. Fair use is cool, but give credit where credit is due.
* The views expressed in the comments section of the DownsizeDC.org blog areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Downsize DC, it's board, staff, or supporters.
If you are under 18:
* Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any DownsizeDC.org discussion.
* Never, ever reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local rules for any section of the site) when taking part in the DownsizeDC.org blog or other community service, and such violation is detected, you may be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This email will include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the DownsizeDCFoundation.org areas/services.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to DownsizeDC.org, Inc. blogs or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on DownsizeDC.org, and DownsizeDC.org, Inc. considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, then DownsizeDC.org, Inc. may use whatever information is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
DownsizeDC.org, Inc. reserves the right to delete any contribution or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason, without any notification whatsoever.
13. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on DownsizeDC.org (including local rules for any section of the site), then the latter shall prevail.
14. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect, and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States.