Vote Like A Motorcyclist Questions
As a member of the American Motorcyclist Association and, most importantly, a voter, I would like for you to answer several questions on motorcycle-related issues important to me.
I plan to use your answers when deciding which candidates will get my vote this year.
1. Because inadvertent misfueling with E15 (85% gasoline, 15% ethanol by volume) is a significant concern, its use can void manufacturers’ warranties and the EPA has acknowledged that E15 damages small engines, should the federal government reform the Renewable Fuel Standard to limit the availability of E15?
2. Given the ongoing success of lane splitting in California and the recent enthusiasm for lane splitting and/or filtering in other states, will you support these practices and assist groups and individuals working to bring legal lane splitting and/or filtering to your state? [Gubernatorial Candidates Only]
3. Should federal administration officials be allowed to lobby state and local officials on state and local motorcycling issues, such as mandatory motorcycle helmet laws?
4. Should state funds be appropriated to support education initiatives that increase motorist awareness of motorcycles, discourage impaired riding, enhance penalties for distracted driving, provide rider safety training and encourage riders to obtain motorcycle operator licenses or motorcycle-operator endorsements on their driver’s licenses? [Gubernatorial Candidates Only]
5. Should fees collected from on-highway vehicle owners be used for rider training and not be redirected for other purposes? [Gubernatorial Candidates Only]
6. Should a portion of state- and federally-managed lands be preserved for responsible motorized access and recreation?
7. Should fees collected from off-highway vehicle owners be used for motorized trail management and not be redirected for other purposes?
8. Do you support the federal Recreational Trails Program?
9. Do you ride or have another connection to motorcycling?
Thank you for your time and consideration of my request