The U.S. Department of the Interior has announced the list of days when the public can access the nation’s land without paying fees. The American Motorcyclist Association urges you to take advantage of these fee-free days to explore the nation’s public lands.
The days on which there will be no fees are:
· April 18-19 – Opening Weekend of National Park Week, fee free atNational Park Service properties
· June 13 —National Get Outdoors Day, a fee-free day through the U.S Forest Service
· Aug. 25 – National Park Service Birthday, fee free at National Park Service properties
· Sept. 26 – For National Public Lands Day, fees will be waived at lands managed by the National Park Service, Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service
· Oct. 11 – In honor or National Wildlife Refuge Week, all amenity fees will be waived at properties managed by the Fish & Wildlife Service
· Nov. 11 – In honor of our nation’s veterans the DOI will waive amenity fees on all of America’s public lands
Share your excitement on these fee-free days with us @ama_rights by sending a photo from your ride.
***Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise. Certain sites may require an additional fee for entrance fee applied to trail maintenance. Please contact your local field office in order to determine if this specific fee will be waived.**