PROTECT OUR CHILDREN!
SUPPORT SECTION 753 OF THE
HOUSE AGRICULTURE APPROPRIATIONS BILL
The Vapor Technology Association has worked aggressively to restrict marketing and teen access to vapor products. The House of Representatives has previously passed bi-partisan reforms to ensure these products stay out of the hands of young people. Now, Congress once again has the chance to act and pass these common-sense regulations.
Section 753 of the House Agriculture Appropriations bill would fill the gaps left by the FDA’s rules on e-cigarettes and require practical regulations that will restrict youth access to vapor products. Congress has the opportunity to establish additional restrictions that will protect our youth, including:
- Ban print advertising in all but adult-only publications;
- Ban self-service displays thereby requiring face-to- face sales;
- Ban sales of e-cigarettes in vending machines;
- Ban sales of e-cigarettes in kiosks;
- Require labels to boldly warn to “Keep Out of Reach of Children”;
- Require labels to boldly warn that “Underage Sale is Prohibited”;
- Require labels to state accurate nicotine content; and
- Require FDA to implement standards on flavors within 12 months.
Section 753 of the House Agriculture Appropriations bill will not only protect children by restricting youth access to these products, it will also provide strict standards for product safety to ensure the well-being of all adult consumers.
We are committed to protecting our children and are working tirelessly to ensure minors do not gain access to our products. It’s time for Congress to finally take steps towards a safer future for America’s youth.
Support Section 753 of the House Agriculture Appropriations bill and protect our children!