The Piast Institute
The Piast Institute was founded to provide Polish American organizations with the information and tools they need to succeed in their missions. The Piast Institute has always sought, in addition to traditional venues, to use the new social media and electronic venues that modern technology has afforded us. A key project to inform and empower our people and help them to tell our story is the Polish American Communication Initiative (PACI) developed in 2013 with the assistance of the Congressional Quarterly (CQ) to create a rapid alert, information and response system.
With its status as a research center and a national U.S. Census Information Center (CIC), its network of scholars, media contacts and community activists, its more than a decade of service to Polonia through studies, policy initiatives, and its partnership with Congressional Quarterly, the Piast Institute has provided decades of documentation, analysis of public affairs and unparalleled access to public data sources to Polonia. The Piast Institute is thus uniquely positioned to launch and maintain this national effort.
For more information on the Piast Institute please visit its website at: www.piastinstitute.org
A major task that underpins the renewal of the Polish Community is the establishment of creative new ways to share our story and make our influence felt commensurate with our size and contributions to America.
PACI is the most important tool for community building that has emerged in years. To succeed we need you to join our network, and to support the project with your participation and donations, however small. Your engagement and support will give Polonia a new dynamic national presence and help tell our story more effectively to opinion makers as well as our fellow Americans and to let them know what our interests and needs are. Join us in this new adventure.
What is PACI?
The Polish American Communication Initiative is a national communications and alert system devised by the Piast Institute with the following features:
- An objective non-partisan website which will regularly transmit significant or breaking news, analysis, data and legislative updates on important Polish and Polish American issues
- A means for recipients to respond on the spot to issues by sending personal messages to members of House and the Senate and a vehicle for sending letters to national, regional, and local newspapers
- Data and analysis on key issues assisted by the Congressional Quarterly
- A forum for national dialogue on matters of community concern
- The identification and definition of issues of concern to the Polish community
In support of PACI the Piast Institute has created and maintains:
- Lists of contact information for Polish American office holders at state and national levels, Polish organizations and leaders
- The information on the size of the Polish American population of each of the 435 congressional districts in the U.S.
- Surveys of Polish American population on key community and national issues
- Demographic data on the Polish American population in the U.S.
- A national advisory board to provide advice and counsel to PACI
In order to fully utilize all of the features of the PACI website, you must become a member of PACI, or as we call it, a “PACI Advocate”. Once you sign up to our mailing list through our website you automatically become an advocate. You are now ready to take action. It is that simple. To become an advocate right now click here to be connected the PACI sign up page.
If you have trouble navigating our website, please see the video we have attached here.
The Piast Institute will share material from its surveys and studies to assist Polish American organizations who need such data. (email@example.com)