It’s Time to Make Hemp Fully Legal at the Federal Level
Industrial Hemp Will Create Thousands of U.S. Jobs
Passing the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2015, (Download a copy of S.134 and H.R.525) will provide American farmers with an environmentally sustainable cash crop that farmers can add easily into their rotation and serve as an economic driver for rural communities and businesses.
The bill will …
- Enable American farmers to freely import seeds from outside the U.S. to grow millions of acres of American hemp without a need for pesticides or herbicides and using 1/3 the water needed for corn.
- Help America rebuild a multi-faceted industry which would generate tens of thousands of jobs for rural farmers and middle income businesses.
- Eliminate the confusion between marijuana and hemp and clarify the myriad of beneficial uses of industrial hemp.
- Clear up the conflicting legal status around the use and sale of products made from hemp extractions.
- End the restrictions surrounding the transportation of seeds and live plants across state boundaries.
- Remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.