Are you from one of these states? If so, we need your help!
The Childhood Cancer STAR Act is the most comprehensive childhood cancer legislation ever taken up by Congress. This bipartisan legislation will advance pediatric cancer research and child-focused cancer treatments, while also improving childhood cancer surveillance and providing enhanced resources for survivors.
While 60% of Members in the House of Representatives support this legislation as of mid-August 2017, just 20% of the Senate has signed on as a cosponsor.
Help us achieve its passage in the 115th Congress by writing your Senator to ask for their support of this bill.
We are specifically targeting the following Senators with this August push. After you plug in your address, this form will bring up both of your Senators. You then have the option to de-select your other, non-targeted Senator.
- Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) @lisamurkowski
- Cory Gardner (R-CO) @SenCoryGardner
- Joni Ernst (R-IA) @senjoniernst
- Deb Fischer (R-NE) @SenatorFischer
- Dean Heller (R-NV) @SenDeanHeller
- Rob Portman (R-OH) @senrobportman
- Pat Toomey (R-PA) @SenToomey
- Pat Roberts (R-KS) @SenPatRoberts
- Tim Scott (R-SC) @SenatorTimScott
- Bob Corker (R-TN) @SenBobCorker
- Ron Johnson (R-WI) @SenRonJohnson
We've also listed their Twitter handles. If you're active on Twitter, please direct a tweet their way, too!