APA Coalition Work
APA actively participates in numerous coalitions with other scientific and professional organizations to pursue shared advocacy goals.
Below are letters to which APA recently signed on.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 – APA’s response to the Request for Information (RFI) related to regulations implementing Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
- Act 4 JJ Campaign FY 2019 Appropriations Sign-on Letter – a broad network of organizations representing all states, territories, and the District of Columbia support full funding for the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (JJDPA) in Fiscal Year 2019.
- Children’s Budget Coalition -- 75 child-focused organizations collectively dedicated to ensuring children are prioritized in the federal budget process urged Congress to restore a regular budget process and facilitate the re-opening of the government.
- CNSF Partial Government Shutdown –a broad-based group of professional organizations, businesses, universities, and scientific societies that advocate for sustained, robust federal support for the National Science Foundation (NSF) expressing concerns about the impact of the government shutdown on America’s research enterprise.
- Excellence Act Expansion – national mental health and substance use disorder organizations in the Mental Health Liaison Group urges quick action to extend and expand the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) demonstration.
- Partnership for Part D Protected Classes Sign-on Letter 2019 – opposes sections of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Proposed Rule: Modernizing Part D and Medicare Advantage to Lower Drug Prices and Reduce, which would establish broad exceptions to Part D’s protected classes policy.
- Public Health Group Comments on U.S. – United Kingdom FTA - public health and medical organizations’ comments on Docket No. USTR-2018-0036.